Sara is napping again. I haven’t even bothered to turn on Fox News today. There is only so many ways you can say that Democrats are bad and Republicans should inherit the earth without boring me.
Yesterday after blogging I had worked up an appetite so we caught a taxi to downtown. We found a traditional market--one of the photos has already been posted. I think they leave the chicken heads and feet on the dead chickens so that you know it is a chicken. There were definitely things there that were not chickens.
We found more unidentified fried protein that Tyler and I both enjoyed. Sara’s pallet has definitely expended over the past years that we have been together but I can tell we are pushing the upper boundaries at this point.
We then took Ty to the shopping equivalent of an old Woonsocket Caldors. He loves to run in stores. It was funny for everyone…the first 10 times. Based on the variety of food we had eaten the past few days it was decided that McDonalds was the appropriate way to end day 3. What could be better? A playground, Ronald McDonald, and food tried and tested to promote acute bowel function.
Interestingly most people here speak at least broken English. Sara and I have been very impressed and it has made our trip easier. Unfortunately at McDonalds the kid I had help me who was sporting a faux-hawk or a “D.A.” haircut knew more about U.S. style than the language. Somehow two cheese burgers and a shake turned into one Big-Mac minus no cheese. The situation was quickly resolved and we were on our way to enjoying our delicious grease treat. Ty ate the entire burger, glutinous American already.
Hours later, still no poop. Seriously?
Now Sara and I are starting to be a bit concerned. We call the nanny and she confirms that no BM in 36 hours is definitely not normal. It is clear he is more than just embarrassed to poop in front of new people. Luckily we already had a doctor appointment today. This doctor specializes in child development. Oddly enough she also can check temperature and fill a prescription for a child laxative.
Tyler is healthy. Three doctors said so. Developmentally he is doing well and we should not be concerned about his limited speech. He speaks all the time when we are alone in our room but is very quiet around others. We show him books and say the English words and he often repeats. His first word repeated unmistakably was puppy. Sara and I cheered so he screamed puppy. Good times.
He really does talk a lot when we are in our room. I pretend he is speaking in full Chinese sentences and not baby talk. He is like Stewie from The Family Guy show except his head is slightly smaller. Not a lot smaller…but smaller. 18 month shirts fit his body but not always his head. He has a full size two year old head. The nanny says it makes him smart. Is it wrong to make fun of our kid? Probably, but while I am at it his taste in clothing in questionable. We are told he picked out the clothes that he wore the day we first met. You all saw the pictures.
A laxative on top of McDonalds. Time to bring Tyler back to his nanny’s facility! We dropped Ty at the facility fully loaded and ready to explode feces. We really did need to drop him off. We had to spend 4 hours in a lawyers office signing paperwork. No place for a kid full of processed meat and stool softener.
I don’t think I said anything to embarrass Sara yet so I should mention that she and the baby are having similar bowel issues. Sara’s problems in this area are a great source of humor but don’t expect a daily journal on her issues. I will be surprised if this paragraph makes it past her.
Last night Sara started to show Tyler how to give kisses. It was really cute and he would pucker then grab her by the face to bring her in for a kiss.
Sara stirs in her sleep now. Soon she will be awake. My time is short. I am really starting to enjoy this blogging time. Hopefully Sara and Ty take a nap tomorrow.
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Love the Celtics bib.
ReplyDeleteTyler shows more sense than my husband. I'm guessing you heard about the Nantucket B&B poop story? The one where he felt comfortable enough to use my mother's bathroom rather than walking downstairs to use his own bathroom while a number of us were sitting just outside of the bathroom?
Justin, you have found your true calling. Love the blogging, especially the Caldor reference. I am sure Sara is going to be thrilled about you sharing her bowel issues with those following your blog. I hope Ty was able to get some relief back at the facility.
ReplyDeleteMich, Sara and I have read some books about such behavior. Dave is looking for negative attention. Try ignoring him when he uses his body functions to attract attention. When he behaves give him a cookie :-)
ReplyDelete