We made it. The travel to Taiwan was long but went relatively well. The only notable issue was an older woman sitting next to us who savored picking her nose and then rolling what she mined between her fingers until they dropped on the floor. No, I’m not kidding nor do I seek out body function humor. It just seems to find me. So, perfect traveling basically.
We made it to Tyler’s facility where there was a party for him. He looks good. They had Thai food for everyone including the kids. For those that are jumping to the conclusion that I am confusing Thai and Taiwanese food, I’m not. Just picture really spicy sauce, translucent noodles, shrimp and squid. Great taste when combined with the 90 degrees and no air conditioning. I was well lathered. Sounds like a great time to get our picture in the paper.
Surprise, here come reporters including photographers from two different news papers. Good thing I got a sexy hair cut. Did I mention that for several days some of the nannies have been showing Tyler pictures of us, telling him he is being taken to the United States? He understands only enough that this got him wound up starting yesterday and he didn’t sleep. When we showed up to the facility he wouldn’t even look at us and cried if we tried to pick him up. All the other kids were jumping into our arms. So back to press photos…I truly considered asking if it would be against their code of ethics if we used one of the non-crying kids as a stunt double strictly for the publicity shots. To summarize… sweat, crying kid, and good hair.
We are back at the hotel (which is really nice but also rumored to be haunted…more on that later) and Ty just stopped crying. He and Sara are both sleeping. If you recall from our last trip the two of them bonded over their ability to sleep often. I just finished wiping kid puke from my favorite Hollister shorts. I will fill in the story gaps tomorrow after we get some sleep. No relevant diapers to report.
Thursday, September 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Yay! Keep the reports coming! Pictures, etc. So excited for you guys...
ReplyDeleteThis is great! So happy for you.
ReplyDeleteJustin: You should do a show on the Travel Channel. You make us feel like we're there with you. Have a great week with Ty. It's good to hear that a couple of you are gettng your much needed sleep.
ReplyDelete////Dad and Kathy
I couldn't wait to get home today and check if you posted. Glad you guys made it over ok and that reuniting with Tyler went well (except for the crying). I agree that Justin should do a travel channel show, or he could just travel all over the world and blog about it. Keep the updates coming, hope you have a great week in Taiwan.
ReplyDeleteLove, Danielle
We are so happy for you and can't wait to meet Tyler!
ReplyDelete-Cate & Tom
It's sooo cool that you are there !!! Justin, just shave your head. There's nothing sexy about dried cereal, kid puke or anything else you might have picked up on your flight !!! Happy for both of you and can't wait to meet Tyler in person !!
ReplyDeleteHurry back...Aunt Sharon & Uncle Donald
Uncle John and I are glad you had a safe trip ( alittle interesting but, safe all the same!). Enjoy, your trip and I know each day with Tyler will be a happy one. No worries Justin not all colds are pukey ones!! Keep up the great blogs we look forward to reading them at the end of each day. Take care, Uncle John & Aunt Michelle
ReplyDelete