Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Friday, September 11, 2009

Home

The last day in Taipei all we did was pick up our finalized travel documents and nothing inspiring really happened so we didn’t blog. I don’t want to fill this blog with average diaper stories and turn this into the last season of Seinfeld. The blog as of the time I am writing this has over 12 thousand hits. I realize that half of these are our parents, but still, that is a lot! When we started our second trip I notice about 4 thousand hits.

The week’s build up of anxiety over spending 24 hours traveling with a 2 ½ year old turns out was completely warranted. Two days later Sara is still pestering me about the 3 hours I got to sleep compared to her shabby 2. I’ll more than likely be hearing about this disparity for years.

Everything started out great. Our preferential treatment continued and United Airlines upgraded us for free to some middle tier seats. The extra 4 inches of legroom was amazing and easily turned what could have been 2 hours and 45 minutes of sleep into a solid 3 hours.

The trip could have been worse, but not much. Ty never wanted to sleep, fussed during every take off, refused to wear his seat belt, and was not at all entertained by the in flight movies. He did enjoy systematically navigating the plane isles and turning on most everyone’s overhead light. From time to time when he turned on the light of a sleeping passenger he would turn to us, put his finger over his mouth, and ssssshhh. Very polite, I must say.

Tyler also exposed himself and a nose picker with eating potential. When I first saw it go down I rationalized it away as an accident. The second incident was of substantial size and elasticity. The way he cleaned that finger off there could be no doubt.

We came home to find a giant welcome home banner with balloons across the doorway. The banner and the 4 hour nap are starting to make us feel at home again. Here is a recap with the pictures.



This is a view of Taipei from the train. Imagine some sections like Manhatten, toss in a little Central Falls, then a good helping of the Carribean when you leave your all-inclusive resort and you got it.




A look at Tyler’s going away party. Note the sweating back on the nanny to the right. I told you it was hot.




Day one…when the slinky was still fun.




Day two…typing in good form.




Carnie like skills. Circus Folk. Small hands.




Tyler was afraid to go in the water. In retrospect and in observing this picture it may have been my unruly chest hair that was scaring him off.




He seems rather smart despite this picture.




Sara got him onto the first step of the pool after me and my Austin Powers chest hair were removed.




If you look carefully you can see the spit up on Sara’s back. Good times.




Tyler and Sara in front of Taipei 101.




Obligatory brand placement.




Napping position.




Climbing on everything.




Time for some car shopping in the hotel lobby.




Pre-flight prep talk.




Let the fun begin.




For those that don’t know us that well, this is Sara’s pissed at Justin face.




See, I helped!




Tyler took a turn with the camera.




Back in the United States loving his first confined car seat ride. If you recall no seat belts, much less car seats for the most part in Taiwan.




Home at last.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to meet him! Welcome home guys! We are so happy for you! Elliot is excited to have a new buddy to play with!

    Love you guys,
    Jeff, Shannon, Daisy & Elliot

    ReplyDelete