We got a call from Grace, our translator from the first trip, that we were in one of the largest multi-city Taiwan newspapers. Apparently it is very flattering according to the concierge who tracked down the article for us. We’ll need to get it fully translated when we get home so that we can make sure that is the case.
Our 15 minutes of Taiwanese fame has scored us a free room upgrade from the Hotel. We are now in a large suite with the best view available where fresh cut flowers and little gifts for Tyler were left. The second big plasma TV is the den is not necessary but we will deal.
We spent the morning at the pool. Tyler enjoyed getting his feet wet and throwing toys at me in the water. However, he was not brave enough to get in the water even with Sara holding him. He definitely trusts Sara more than me at this point. When he is uncomfortable or tired he is all over her. Basically he is a tiny version of me.
He was clearly tired but refused to nap when we got back from the pool. After a good deal of coddling, Sara decided she needed a shower. He stared at her, face against the glass shower door, to the point that I was getting uncomfortable. I was half expecting him to start whistling and clapping. When I tried to explain to him that he didn’t have enough dollar bills for that kind of view and remove him he put up a good fight. He’s definitely a hand full and then some.
Note to other first time parents. Swim diapers that slide up instead of unfold like normal ones add an additional layer of difficulty for changing when they include a double sized deuce.
P.S. Sara forgot the cord to download the pictures to the computer. I haven’t been able to locate a replacement. We may have to wait until we get home to post all the pictures.
Saturday, September 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Reading your whole blog aloud with Damaris, my mom, Jody and myself from Upton. Uproarious laughter, missing you guys, anxious to have you home with a value added addition to our clan. --Mark, Damaris, Jody, Mum.
ReplyDeleteFeeling left out, need to specify...I was just with the above-mentioned party in Upton but had to leave to put the kids to bed. I didn't realize Mark calls my mom "mum" now, missed the memo on that one. Sara, get used to having less privacy than ever before in the shower, I feel your pain. Miss you guys, glad it seems like Tyler is feeling better!
ReplyDeleteDanielle