Tyler seems to be picking up English words pretty quickly. The first words this two year old learned are “no, no, no”. He confirms his understanding by accompanying his mimicked renditions of “no, no, no” with a finger wave and a smile for defiant emphasis.
I would calculate generously that 75% of the time when we need to say no to him he stops on his own accord. The remaining 25% end badly in some shape or form.
Because we have been eating most of our meals take out in our room, Tyler knows me as the man that comes with bags of food. I am generally greeted with him smiling and running to me. There are a lot of food options nearby so we have been able to get a good taste of things. We supplemented one meal for him with some gold fish crackers. Dexterity is not a problem for this kid, he was able to use chop sticks to eat several little gold fish. We have some pictures we will post later to prove this to the non believers.
We did go out to eat last night. The table and surrounding five foot radius looked like a rice bomb went off. I think he tricked us during our first trip into thinking he was a neat eater who was very attentive to our wishes. Either way I bought a double sized bottle of Cabernet to take the edge off bed time drama. For me, not him, relax!
Monday, September 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

We can't wait for the movie to come out. It should be a hoot. ////Dad and Kathy
ReplyDeleteHi Justin SARA and Tyler: Miss you all and looking forward to picking you up soon.Its real nice being able to get news from you. Jena says hi too. Love Mom.
ReplyDeleteHi Sara and Justin, I can't stop smiling and laughing at these blogs. I'm very happy for you two and I can't wait to meet Tyler. He sounds like quite the character. I can already tell you two are in trouble. Tyler has very quickly taken over as the head of your household. He is in charge and their is nothing you can do about it, except enjoy and love every minute of it...and yes Justin, this enjoyment includes the double deuce swimmies!
ReplyDeleteSee you soon, Moody
I love reading your blogs!!! They are hilarious!! You see, you guys are preparing Chris and I for the future when we have kids!!! Also, Justin just be glad Ty wants sara to change his diapers. That may not last forever!!! :)
ReplyDeleteLove,
Christina and Chris
Sara and Justin,
ReplyDeleteLove that you are so close to bringing Tyler home. Justin, your blog is hysterical. Chris and I crack up everytime we read it. We are so excited to follow in your footsteps and hopefully head to Taiwan soon to meet our little one.
Enjoy the rest of your trip.
Best,
Marci and Chris Gallup
Thanks so much for updating us with your blog. We've loved checking it each day for the entertaining posts and window into your amazing experience. I hope your trip home goes as smoothly as possible. We are thrilled to meet Tyler- the kids can't wait to meet their new cousin.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Mel, Dave, Tim, Mady and Ben
This is better than any sitcom I have ever seen! Come home soon, so I can watch live!
ReplyDeleteLove you guys!
Can't wait for Ty and Elliot to play!
Love, Shannon